Things to do list

  • Workshop Tips
  • Bread Rolls
  • Gourd Crafts
  • More Toys

Counter

Wednesday 4 April 2007

Frugal Choccy Cake

This Choccy cake is frugal in as much as you don't have to go out and buy it to indulge yourself 8-)

I think buying cakes and biccies should be illegal LOL

Whatjaneed:
1 cup self raising flour
1 cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
100g cocoa powder
100g butter
½ cup milk
2 eggs

Bung all the above in a mixing bowl and use an electric beater beat the whole lot for exactly 5 minutes!


 


Don't forget to clean the beaters!



Bake in a lined bar tin for 45 minutes at 200c and when cooked, immediately remove from tin and allow to cool on a rack (if you can!).







The oven was warm enough to allow me to bake some ANZAC biscuits as well.

I will put that recipe up shortly.

Don't forget to clean up!



Now you have made your cake you can ice it (I don’t) or leave it plain (I don’t) or slice along the length and spread with home made jam and whipped cream, like a sandwich (I do) and eat many slices (I do).



Scarecrow loves it.

Can’t tell you how long it lasts since it usually disappears within a day…must be the mice ;-)

Makes a really nice, good looking (and cheap) gift, too.

No comments: